Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Got report card on Space Raptor

Welcome back!

Well, I got my report card back on Space Raptor today. For technical skills I got top marks. The rest of the game I didn't do so well. Of course, I didn't have the time I would have liked to add in all of the features I would have liked. For next one I will be better prepared and I hopefully won't have near as many personal problems to deal with.

As well, I have been trying hard to get the next RPG tutorial finished but there was a lot that I ended up having to do today. The HUD is giving me no end of grief as well. I am trying to create something that is attractive.

I am adding a new poll to the blog. I'm going to ask a question. Would you rather have a game that works 100% or a game that looks great or a game that looks great and works 100%. If all you are interested in is a game that works 100% then I will stop worrying about trying to make things look good and just go for something functional. I will have to poll up for one week. Voting will end on September the 3rd at 11:59PM.

In the mean time I will try to concentrate on functionality instead of appearance. Appearance is imporant to a game though and when you are creating your own I encourage you to put a lot of effort into appearance.

Jamie McMahon
-----------------------------
Proud member of Dream.In.Code

No comments: