Monday, February 1, 2010

Didn't move today

Welcome back!

I decided to put off moving for another month. I will be moving to a new server in the near future though. I will let you know when I make the move. I am hoping to have the last parts of my screen manager with XNA tutorial available on my web site tomorrow. I'm also going to write a tutorial about creating an input manager with XNA for your games. What I plan to do with that is to make a game library out of it that you will be able to just add it to your game. I'm not familiar with the Zune yet, as I don't have one, so I won't be including support for that in the XNA input manager. I will have it so that it will work for both the Xbox 360 games and with Windows games.

I will also try and have the next XNA RPG tutorial ready soon. I believe I mentioned that I'm planning on adding in picking up items off the map. Items will be placed in a chest and the chest will be able to hold multiple items and gold. You will be able to have the amount of gold fixed or you can specify a random range for the gold. You will also be able to specify that the chest will have no gold or the chest will have no items at all. I will eventually be making an XML document that you will be able to read in, using the XNA Content Pipeline, the items and stuff in the chest. I have plans for a variety of items for the game as well.

If you have been following I told you I'm participating in a game programming challenge at Game Institute. For the challenge I'm making a fake 3D RPG type game with XNA. For this game I'm using XNA 3.1. What I mean by fake 3D is that unlike 3D games today I will not be using any 3D models found in typical games or other 3D things. It will all be simulated. Just wanted to give you a peek at what I've been up to for that.



Jamie McMahon
-----------------------------
Proud member of Dream.In.Code
XNA Game Programming Adventures

No comments: