Thursday, February 4, 2010

New XNA Role Playing Game tutorial!

Welcome back!

I have added the next tutorial in my XNA role playing game tutorials to my web site. In this tutorial I got started on adding items to the map for the player to pick up. I plan on having the next part of the tutorial up on my site shortly. You can find the link to the latest tutorial on the RPG Tutorials page of my web site.

I would also like to tell you about a project that I have recently started with XNA. I have found while developing games that I do a lot of the same methods when it comes to input. I decided to make a game library to handle all of the input needs of my games. I have dubbed the library Xin, which stands for XNA Input. This small library will handle all input for both Windows and Xbox 360 games. In Windows there is support for the mouse, keyboard and the Xbox 360 controller. Since the Xbox 360 does not support a mouse that feature is disabled for the Xbox 360. I'm making this project available to any developer who may be interested in it. It is still in the early stages but when it gets closer to completetion I will let you know more about it.

Jamie McMahon
-----------------------------
Proud member of Dream.In.Code
XNA Game Programming Adventures

No comments: