Sunday, October 4, 2009

New XNA tutorials!

Welcome back!

I have just add three tutorials to my web site on creating a tile engine with XNA. These are general XNA tutorials and should work with both XNA 3.0 and XNA 3.1. They aren't very long but I they introduce the concepts of creating a tile engine. The first one concentrates on the tiling process. It takes an array of integers and 4 tiles and renders them on the screen. The second deals with scrolling the map in cardinal directions. What I mean by cardinal directions is the map will only scroll left, right, up and down. It will not scroll on diagonals. The third one implements a 2D camera system and allows the map to scroll at a constant speed in all eight directions, cardinal directions and the diagonals. I hope to have a fourth ready in the next couple of days as well as another on my role playing game series, Eyes of the Dragon. You can find the links to the tutorials on the XNA Tutorials page. (You will have to scroll down to the bottom. I will be adding pages specifically for tutorial series soon.)

Jamie McMahon
-----------------------------
Proud member of Dream.In.Code

No comments: