Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What am I working on?

Welcome back!

I'm in the process of adding in a sprite for the player character to control. I made a slight alteration to the sprite that I put up yesterday. I put the character walking down in the first two frames, the second two are down, the third left and the fourth right.

I am using a method similar to the one that Nick Gravelyn used in his tile engine series for animating sprites. There will be differences of course. Instead of using a Dictionary and strings for the keys I will be using a List with an enum. I feel that this is simpler and easier to implement.

I hope to have the tutorial finished tomorrow but I can't guarantee that as there is a lot I have to do tomorrow.

Jamie McMahon
-----------------------------
Proud member of Dream.In.Code

No comments: