Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Finished the coding but not the writing

Welcome back!

I have finished coding the next tutorial on Eyes of the Dragon, the tutorials on creating a role playing game with XNA. This is still part of the refactoring but I also added in the ability to use the Content Pipeline to import, process, write and read maps. I also fixed a huge error in the design related to that. Using a DrawableGameComponent for the TileMap class seemed like a good idea but it actually wasn't. The reason is that it requires you to pass as a parameter a Game object to the constructor. There really wasn't a way to do that and have a custom Content Pipeline project. What I did was create a TileMapComponent and a TileMap class. So, this tutorial will be rather long. I hope to finish it up tomorrow.

Jamie McMahon
-----------------------------
Proud member of Dream.In.Code

No comments: