Sunday, July 19, 2009

Been a very long day

Welcome back!

I'm sorry to say that it has been a very long day. I haven't had any time to work on my tutorials for creating a role playing game with XNA 3.0. I have just now had the time to actually try and sit down and even make my blog entry. It looks like tomorrow is going to be a very light day for me so I should have plenty of time to get some work on creating an RPG with XNA 3.0. I'm still planning on writing a document about the character system. I know many of you just want to focus on XNA and I can see that. I could leave out the character system and continue with just XNA for now. What I can try and do, is try and do both. I truly feel there is more to a good RPG than just graphics and game play. They are both essential parts and they both deserve lots of attention. So, what I will do is try and divide time between the two. To help those who are just interested in understanding the graphics and game play side and those who are interested in how to go about making a good, balanced player character system. In my opinion both go hand in hand. I will eventually try and do some audio as well, because audio is also part of a good game and adds to the game experience.

So, check back soon and I will try and have new stuff up tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest.

Jamie McMahon
-----------------------------
Proud member of Dream.In.Code

No comments: