Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Home, at last!

Welcome back!

I finally made it home. It has been a pretty long day so far. I will still be away for most of tomorrow as well. I am going to do a little programming on Eyes of the Dragon in just a moment. I am going to make a change to the tile engine. Instead of using the screen for rendering I'm going to make a viewport. Making a viewport will allow me to have the HUD that I was talking about. A HUD is an important part of a role playing game. Instead of drawing to the screen, I will be drawing to a viewport. XNA makes this easy. Well, I will try and have a write up on doing this posted to the web site sometime today. It won't be a long tutorial but it is an important thing to do and doing it sooner rather than later is a good idea.

Jamie McMahon
-----------------------------
Proud member of Dream.In.Code

No comments: