Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Didn't quite get to the project today

Welcome back!

I didn't quite get to working on Eyes of the Dragon today. Instead I was working on my entry at the Game Institute's game challenge, Space Raptor. I have no idea when I'm going to get my laptop back so I decided I had better reprogram it on this computer. I've got nearly to where I was on my laptop. I actually used the basic framework from Eyes of the Dragon for it. It made things go much faster.

Tomorrow I'm hoping that I will implement two of the screens I used in Space Raptor into Eyes of the Dragon. There will be an introduction screen that will display the story behind Eyes of the Dragon. The text will scroll from the bottom of the screen to the top. When it reaches the top it will slowly fade leaving the background and them jump to the start screen. The screen can be skipped by pressing the escape or space key. The second screen is a credits screen. This screen will have credits for the game. The background will show and the text will change from being transparent to fully opaque. For this screen I also place a one button menu. I like both effects and I thought you all might like them too.

I will be able to simply pluck the code out of Space Raptor and add it to Eyes of the Dragon. It would just be a matter of creating the graphics and writing the tutorial. So, come back tomorrow and I will let you know if the tutorial is ready and up on my web site.

Jamie McMahon
-----------------------------
Proud member of Dream.In.Code

No comments: